Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First week down!

So our first week flew by! It was a lot harder than I remember last year being.. I think it has something to do with the fact that I must've gotten really lax! Last week I concentrated on helping some ladies get their blogs up and running, and giving crash courses in the basics of weight watcher points, and getting my points down. I started exercising at the gym this week, tonight will be day three. I have actually enjoyed that part! I have been going with my Aunt Patti, who is doing this with us, Aunt Patti, I am so impressed with your determination and dedication to this process-props to you!!!

I am hoping that through this process, I can tone up my body and "reward" it for all of its hard work its done for me through the years. I am tired of being tired. Carrie and I have talked about how we really dont want to do this again. 2 years in a row for petes sake, isn't 2 years in a row, one year total out of 2 when we are done this time, thats a lot of time trying to get it right. I hope that I can raise my metabolism, and start LOVING exercising like I used too so that this processs is just a part of my every day life.

Melissa and I chatted the other day about the 5k and how great it was, and how it would be really fun to do it again this year. Last time I had gotten food poisoning the night before. I had to stop three times on the route to puke, but I was going to run and finish it if it killed me! It was a good feeling afterwards, and I think it would be fun again this year, anyone up for it?

I also think we should do another food swap. I loved having lunches ready, and knowing I had a great variety to choose from. Anyone up for that?

My goals for this week are to keep up the exercise, keep positive and try to post more!! Over 2 lbs down, not many more to go, but I really want to lose some inches. Keep up the good work ladies, I am rooting for all of you!!

5 comments:

Karilynn said...

Okay so YES!! We should do a 5k for sure. The Provo Marathon/5k is April 4th and I am determined to be running by then! It would be fantastic to have a group of us doing it. :o) It was actually the pics of you, Melissa, and Christi last year that gave me the idea and being able to run 5k's has been one of my goals since before I started this competition! I'm not sure what a "food swap" is but it sounds intriguing! Congrats on losing more than 2 lbs already. You don't have much farther to go so a big WOOT WOOT to you!

Kristi said...

Yeah, what's with a full week between posts??!! LOL. That's awesome that you went down 2 pounds! You beat me by a lot! Great job!

rochelle said...

I like the idea of the 5k, too...as a group. That would be so much fun! Are we shooting for Provo then?

Hollys Hobbies said...

Yeah we ran the Provo 5K last time, I think we should all aim for it again!
Sorry about the delay in posts. I had my internet down, it's back up now though!

Katie said...

yay for you! I would love to run a 5k. Spencer and I are going to run one in May. I ran 3 miles yesterday- for sure doable- even though I am not speedy.