Monday, February 4, 2008

Newest Workout Craze

So I am trying to have an open mind, I went to DI the other day and got a whole bunch of workout tapes. Among them, Richard Simmons "No If Ands Or Butts About It", which hey, I have heard tesimonials ladies ( Rickie Lake swears by him LOL!). I just wanted a video to target those areas. However, it became very apparent after previewing it that muting it and using my own music would be ABSOLUTELY necessary. Who, and I ask this sincerely, can stay on track during warm-up when Richard is saying "Bump and grind baby, we gotta work it all!" as he is gyrating around the stage to a blues band playing "you gotta have faith" in the background?! And "sheesh-aaaughh" comes after every move, and for no apparent reason he will break out in song and scream "HALLELUJAH!!!" Even Alexis who is used to seeing me work it said "momma, this is a really weird one"! Man, I think The day I previewed it without actually doing it had me burning calories from laughing so hard! It does have some good exercises though, so the question is posed-How bad do you want it? Do you ladies want it Richard Simmons bad?!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give it to me bbbbbaaaby! I want to shake what my mama gave me. ( Why would my mama give me a huge backside? HUh?) I LOVE RS! He is my hero!

Anonymous said...

LOL too funny! I think they are fun. He just has so much energy and it's fun to shake your booty with him!

Lorie said...

Lol! I like Richard Simmons but yes he is hillarious!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I never could stand listening to him. Too funny!

Carrie said...

Oh, I miss being there so bad!!! Man I could be getting it off with richard too!!!!

Patty said...

He is a unique man. I dod one of his video's for awhile on my mission. Scary.

Becky said...

Too funny! I haven't tried a Richard Simmons video in forever but he is hillarious.

Della Hill said...

LOL! Your own music is a good idea.
-Della

Love to Lose said...

Well, at my house, the kids have his lines memorized!
His workouts really are good if you can get past the hype!
HAL-A-LOU-YAH!
Thanks for the kind words, I love you ,Too!
MOM

Anonymous said...

People should read this.