Friday, February 8, 2008

OH WHAT A NIGHT.....

So last night was the annual Chocolate Extravaganza for the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center neo-natal intensive care unit, I am a volunteer with the parent network. We help out at the event yearly to help raise money for much needed life saving equiptment, and programs, like the one I assist with which helps parents cope with the stress and emotional aspects of having their baby in the NICU. I look forward to it every year! However, this year I had mixed feelings about it. Not for the cause, but for the food! The food is extraordinary ladies. They have stations all over where a different chef is cooking something wonderful. they had chocolate fountains everywhere, milk chocolate, white chocolate, caramel-and everything you could dream to dip into these fountains. They had chinese food in these cute boxes, shrimp, quiche, meatballs, chicken in a jamaican jerk sacue on a skewere, carved beef with a bourbon sauce, Pork tenderloin with a raspberry chardonay sauce, mini cheesecakes in every flavor, chocolate mousse cakes, chocolate brownies, chocolate fudge dipped in chocolate....I could go on and on, and yes, we got to eat! I was so tempted to just say "screw it!" because this last week I was so dilligent with all of my exercise and eating, and I lost a mere 6 ounces. I was so depressed yesterday and I seriously considered giving up and deleting this blog. And so last night when I was surrounded by all this decadence looking around, I realized that even if I were to give up on the BL, I couldn't give up on my goal to become slim and healthy! I appreciate all of your support and it would be so hard to do it without your help, so thank you ladies for helping me to resist the temptation at last nights "heaven". I didn't resist everything, I had saved points ALL week to be able to eat, but I realized even eating small amounts, I was kinda sick. Which Sucked big time!!!!! Then to top it off they give these gift bags to all the people who spent the $150 a plate, plus who knows how much on auction items (We had vacation packages from France, to Hawaii auctioned off! We even had a quilt that went for 500 bucks!) And they also give them to the volunteers who helped. Of course you guessed it, filled with chocolate. The only thing not chocolate was a 25$ gift certificate to RC Willey, I cant be tempted to eat that! The truffles and raspberry sticks will be more of a temptation, but I have realized that my self control is way better than I've given myself credit for in the past. I will give most of it to my hubby, but save some for myself to eat small amounts of over a LOOONG time. So that was my night, I hope everyone else had self control last night, and I hope that everyone else doesn't let the number on the scale get them too defeated. We really are all doing so well with our goals and one month of losing doesn't define us. So everone pat yourselves on the back and keep your chins up, WE ROCK!!!

7 comments:

Christi said...

Holly Ann. I am so proud of you hon! I knew how dissappointed you were yesterday, and I was worried about you. It's easy to get discouraged when that damn scale says opposite of what we have been doing all week. I REALLY think, no, I KNOW that next week you will see huge results on that scale, and kick this weeks 6 oz to the dump!!
You have been diligent and hard working..know that your body is being toned and shaped into a better one, regardless of what any number on the scale says. I am proud of your willpower last night. I think I just gained 5 pounds reading what was there to eat! LOL! Are we still on for tonight? Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Holly, I'm sorry you were disappointed, but you are doing great! When you only weigh 122 lbs, your body will lose it slower than people who have more to loose. But really, look how AWESOME you have been doing. Like you said, you have WAY more self control then you thought and your hard work WILL pay off.

And resisting all that yummy stuff last night...good job! Man, I know chocolate is a HARD one for me to resist!

Hollys Hobbies said...

Melissa,that may be true but its still frustrating because I have seen absolutely NO change in my body at all! Everyone else who has lost weight feels their clothes fitting differently, or sees physical changes. The only for me is that my boobs have dissapeared!!! :(
I get that my body will lose differently, and all of you can say that you wished to have my body, but my body to me is not where I want it. That is the whole purpose of doing this, I do realize that the whole
"competition" thing was never going to happen for me because I cant compete with all of you in that aspect. But I am just glad to be a part of the BL for support. We've all had those weeks, and I am POSITIVE I will have more but it still sucks for this week!

Carrie said...

I'm right there with you sister! I'll through the pity party for you if you'll through mine!! We'll make it and if the only thing to come of this is me getting back to Utah for a week then by dangit it's worth it! But I think that our goals will be acomplished, it is just goint to take the whole dagblabit 6 months!!

Della Hill said...

Wow! All that food sounds fabulous.
Way to go for your self control.
I'm so sorry that this is so hard. Keep your chin up. It WILL get better.
-Della

Hollys Hobbies said...

Thanks guys! And Carrie, I am SO gonna use your "dagblabit"! where the snookers did you come up with that word?! LOL!!!!

Carrie and Karl said...

Congrats on your self control! I have a hard time at things like that too.
Another way to look at your weight loss:
As I understand it, you are frustrated because you're starting smaller than others, the only change you can see after loosing 6 pounds is smaller boobs.
If I lose 6 pounds I can tell absolutely no difference. It took me losing 30 pounds before I STARTED to see any difference, and it took 60 before I could really tell myself that I was looking better.
I think it just shows that we all have different challenges, which is why it is great to have friends who help us with our goals, and help us feel better when we feel defeated.