Tuesday, January 22, 2008

what a day!

This morning I took my 8 year old daughter to the doctors. We found out she has full blown asthma! I thought she would most likely have sports asthma, but apparently it's more than that. Now she is on a daily medication for maintenance and has to carry around a rescue inhaler.
Yesterday was crazy snowy here! The same daughter was in the car with me when we were rear-ended. I got some whiplash so the right side of my neck is really sore. Thank goodness my husband is a massage therapist! He massaged my neck and back for like an hour and a half. She was sore yesterday but says she is okay today.
Christi came over today after she watched my kids this morning-THANK YOU SIS!!!!! We "relaxed" and she made these really awesome applesauce bran muffins. Girls, they are so great! Ask her for the recipe.
I think I have been doing pretty good with my points. I still don't understand all of the ww points system, but thanks to y'all for trying to help me get it. I am trying to get my mom to lend me her tae boe starter tape for some cardio.
Tonight I am off to the NICU. I volunteer there on Tuesdays as part of a parent support network program that offers support for parents with preemies (I had three preemies). I have started trying to go more often, I miss it when I don't go!
Well ladies, good luck to all of you this week in your goals and endeavors!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Chantelle....poor thing! How is HER neck?

I hate that I miss your "hang out" days so much. I want to be closer so I can come hang out with you guys more! Yeah, Tiebo (sp?) would be fun!

Carrie said...

ME, TOO Melissa. ME, TOO!

Della Hill said...

Sounds crazy! I hope you and Chantelle are okay.
I have to echo Melissa and Carrie that I miss hanging out. It is hard to be far away.
I've made friends, but no one that I have that open door policy to come hang out with.
Maybe that's why I've taken to blogging so much. It's my substitute for personal interaction.
I also get frustrated sometimes being the only female in a household of 6 boys. I long for fellow estrogen.
-Della

Patty said...

I am glad you aren't hurt worse. Whiplash isn't very fun though. That is the pits about the asthma. My daughter has it too.

Tammy said...

What a crazy few days for you!! I am glad you are ok.
Keep up the good work Holly!!

Carrie and Karl said...

I think it's cool that you help at the NICU. I know while I was there with my boy it was great to see someone I knew.
Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the accident and the asthma! Hugs! That's great that you volunteer at the NICU.