Saturday, January 19, 2008

Please help me figure this out!

So I was out of yogurt this morning. I went to the store and after searching everywhere and nearly giving up, I found weight watchers yogurt. It said it was only 1 point, so I hurried up and bought it and came home. As I am eating it I am studying the back and to my surprise it says calorie content is 100 calories, and it only has 3 grams of fiber. So now I am flippin' confused! Isn't one point 50 calories? Doesn't there have to be 4 or more grams of fiber to minus a point? If someone can explain to me maybe in more detail how I am supposed to be using, or rather calculating my 21 daily points so I am doing it correctly I would so much appreciate it! Thanks ladies..

6 comments:

Patty said...

I don't know much about weight watchers points, but if it is weight watchers brand and it only says 1 point, I would believe that.

Della Hill said...

Sorry, I can't answer about the points.
I was just going to say I envy your 29 inch waist, regardless of what your goal is.
I can't remember ever having a 29 inch waist.
-Della

Hollys Hobbies said...

LOL! The only problem is it doesn't look pretty. After 5 kids and a hysterectomy scar (I think the doctor was going for ugliness)and three other surgery scars, it really appears bigger than that! I am really working on toning, but theres only so much you can do with destroyed stomach muscles.Do you have that problem with c-section scars?

Della Hill said...

The scars from my 2 c-sections are on top of each other and appear to be only one scar unless you look really close. I have 2 issues with my scar. The first is that it slants slightly down towards the right side. The second and larger problem is that while my belly is actually fairly flat below the scar, it pooches out above the scar like bread rising over the side of the pan.
Lucky for me, Chris claims to love "all my curves", even the unsightly ones.
One reason I want to have another baby is so I can get a "scar revision" as part of the c-section surgery. (Insurances won't cover tummy tucks, but they do cover scar revisions).
Still, you've given birth to 3 more children than I have and had at least 2 more abdominal surgeries, so I guess I see where you're coming from.
-Della

Anonymous said...

The point system is not 100% calorie based. The higher the fiber, the lower the points. That's why carrots are 0 points. They are not calorie-free, it's that they are high in fiber.

Hollys Hobbies said...

thats so awesome! I am envious of the possibility for you to get that nice little tuck and refresher!! I have the same problem with my scar. Why don't the darn doctors realize that it does have some kind of impact on the woman and how she views herself? Is it really so hard to take a few extra minutes and make it decent if not pretty? Do we not pay them enough freakin' money? MEN!@(at least all my surgeons were)