Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Look

So please bare with me as I change up this blog..I will be adding pics shortly, so thanks for your patience! We are really needing to get family pictures taken so that y'all can see that we really do exist. I cant believe how much our family has changed over the last few years. The kids have matured, I have slowly began regaining brain cells as they have gotten older, and Tim has gone bald. LOL, totally on purpose, he's my sexy bald man now.

This weeekend was pretty good. BYU won their game on Saturday, thus the weekend was a success. Some really exciting news, Madisyn got to go into the playland at IKEA for the first time Saturday!!! This may not seem so thrilling to some of you, it was monumental for her and me though. She is almost 4 1/2 and has been potty trained for over a year and a half, yet every time we have gone to IKEA she hasn't been big enough. We cheated a bit, but only like 1/4 of an inch, see, they measure the kids with a measuring type stick like at the doctors office. I had her hair in ponies, and her rubberband was sticking up, the lady was trying to check in like 6 kids and was distracted and did not notice this blunder, YAY for us! She was so excited that she talked everyones ear off, anyone who would listen got "hey, I am big now! I am growing cuz I got to go to the play place at IKEA!" It was pretty cute. This proves that she js finally growing for the first time in over a year, I think I can put away the "tiny person" theory away for now. I really wasn't worried, the doctors and dieticians were really the ones freaking out. After trying everything to get her to gain weight and grow even a centimeter didn't work, I had decided that she would grow in her own time. She still is stuck at nearly 27 pounds, but come on, she came home at 4 lbs, thats a great growth as far as I'm concerned..
I also realized that my kids really are growing up. I know that sounds redundent and silly, but I have been thinking a lot about how my life as a mom has really phased into something completely different. When you have bitty ones, you get into that mode of changing diapers and sleep deprivation and all that goes with that. I dont have babies anymore! I was so used to that phase and now that I am in this new one, I feel kinda lost. I was telling Melissa while we were at IKEA, that I will feel really sad when the day comes that Madisyn doesn't automatically reach up to grab my hand wheile we are walking together. It's true that hindsight is 20/20 and its true when the cute little old ladies stop you in the mall and tell you that time flies and to cherish your little ones. It's just so hard to do when you get caught up in the moment of what has to happen next, instead of what is happening in the now.
Tonight I am making a stop before I go to the NICU. A few weeks ago I had given a little girl whose birthday Chantelle had been invited to, some of my jewelery and hair products as a gift. I included a business card, and apparently my number got passed around. I am meeting several moms so they can buy some product. I am working on my display cases today, I have some fun ideas that I hope will pan out.
Thursday a bunch of the girls and I are going to a midnight showing of Twilight. I know we are nuts, all our kids have school the next day. Whats a little sleep deprivation, right? I wish Carrie were able to come along, she and the clan will be arriving sometime that day or most likely late night. We are so excited to have the Gibsons back home!!! The trip for them has been slow and tiring, but they are all really glad to be coming back as well. They have been gone just shy of four LONG years, its about time guys!!
well hopefully the next time you few readers log on to my blog, you will see updated pictures of my fam. I gotta go tame Madisyn's hair. Shy of hot gluing that girls hair down to her scalp, theres not much hope I'm afraid. She refuses to leave her "pretties" in, she's obsessed with brushing her hair and then it ends up this ball of poofiness! And to top it off, I swear her hair is immune to hair care products, any help out there? Have a great one guys!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you... thanks for checking out my blog. I can see why it is shrinking you... you are TINY! And look at you updating your blog today and everything:) You go, girl...

Hollys Hobbies said...

LOL Thanks Victoria! I started the blog in January originally for losing weight. A bunch of girls and I wanted to get rid of some extra weight we were carrying around so we started the blog, my first ever. I had that as my mantra so to speak, and it worked, I managed to lose over 25 pounds that I couldn't get off myself! I really should change that title now.. Any suggestions for a new one? ;)