Friday, February 15, 2008

Weigh-in day

So we weighed in a day late because yesterday was so crazy. I lost 2 and a half pounds since last week, and only have 9 and a half pounds left to lose before I reach my goal!!!! I came to a realization after last weeks total devistation (in my own crazy mind). I have been relying way too much on what the scale says, I know, all my blasphemous advice to y'all about that not mattering-and I realized it did matter to me, more than it ever should. SO I decided that I dont care what the flippin' scale said this week, I felt good about myself. I have finally noticed a difference in my body, along with my husband, and I was gonna be proud of myself and my accomplishements this far no matter what! So neener neener neener stupid scale!!! Oh, wait, it WAS nice to me this week, LOL!!! I cant have it both ways now can I?!
How was everyones Valentines day? I hope love was in the air for everyone!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Holly! You SHOULD be proud of yourself. you are really doing well with this!!

Della Hill said...

Isn't interesting that as soon as you stopped caring about the scale, it gave you what you wanted?
Perhaps there's a connection?
Good job, Holly. You should be proud of yourself.
-Della

Hollys Hobbies said...

Yeah Della, it is funny! I do think there is a connection to it all for sure. It's like when you are struggling with infertility without a medical reason, the second that you stop trying so hard, you get pregnant! I really enjoy the competition aspect of this BL, but I think I was taking it way too literal, like it could affect every part of my life-little did I know it was affecting every part of my life in a negative way. So, even though I do vare I am not letting it rule me like I was before!

Hollys Hobbies said...

*care*

Becky said...

Holly, I've never liked the scale but then it's not very nice to me. When we met last week, I thought you looked great and I could see a difference from your starting pictures. You should be proud and happy with yourself!

Hollys Hobbies said...

Thanks Becky, It's funny, cuz I still cant see a difference in those pics! I think that honestly I have come to realize that I have a scewed view of my body. You know, we all do to some extent, and once I realized that I think something inside clicked and I get that my body is really ok.I am not focusing on the losing weight aspect anymore though as my main goal. I want to tone up and just get healthy, if I lose weight in the process and lower my fat percentage then I will be ecstatic! Thanks for your support girls, I appreciate all of you!!!

Patty said...

I agree with Becky, I think you look great too. I think it is important to focus on your whole life, not just now. That is much easier said then done though.

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, 2.5 lbs. is great! Your just a few steps from your goal! Great job!

Carrie said...

So, What have we learned! That we just shouldn't give a crap!!!! Man, I wish that worked!!!

Tori Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.