Monday, January 14, 2008

Is today over yet?

I missed breakfast today... I got up with the kids at 6 am today which is crazy! We had back to back dentist appointments at 8 and 9 and had to leave the house by 7:25 in order to get to north Provo by 8. Chantelle was first and last week at her check up I had warned the dentist that she was very scared due to her last appointment (at the mall dental group) where the dentist held her down while he gave her painful shots and drilled her teeth. It was a horrific traumatic experience for her and so needless to say we will never go back there again! We went to a dental office that actually I went to when I was younger and I am gonna plug this dentist, his name is Owen Wolfgramm, because he was the most kind and patient dentist, and he's not even a pediatric dentist. It took her 45 minutes of hysterics (while on the gas) dreading the shots, and all the while he kept explaining each and every step to her and reassuring her until finally he said he was not going to force her and we could do it another day. So Tyler was up, he had 5 cavities and of course didn't even flinch! Dr. Wolfgramm allowed not only Chantelle, but the other 3 kids in to watch the movie and he explained every step to chantelle as he had her by his side, even showing her the instruments and putting them on her skin so she could feel them. He was so incredible!! After Tyler was finished, Chantelle asked him if she could please try one more time, and he agreed. She sat there and was a perfect patient after that and got a cavity plus a root canal done! I am seriously considering having the younger girls transfer over to this office from the pediatrics. We got out of the Dentist at 11 and had to go and get some liquid advil and her pain medication at the pharmacy. We got home at 11:45, I fixed Jordan lunch and then took him to school. I just had Chantelle stay at home with the girls for the three minutes it took and by the time I got back she was walking around the house holding her mouth and crying. So I have drugged her up (poor girl!) and now have to fix lunch for the other girls and then we have errands to run. After errands it will be time for out of school, then snacks, then homework then chores, then dinner then bath then bed-somewhere in there I will try to take a deep breath-then time to exercise! Tomorrow Alexis has her yearly check-up at the doctors at 9 am in north Orem so we get to do another crazy day! Well enough chewing your ears off. I just want to say thank you for everyones support. I actually look forward to my days now, despite the normal craziness that accompanies them, because I am making daily goals that I am actually accomplishing. Life is good ladies! I hope y'all have a great day =)...

4 comments:

Patty said...

Wow! That is a crazy day. Poor kids, that is so sad they have so many cavities. I was like that when I was a kid. Awesome job on the 5 lbs lost!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a day Holl! But I'm proud of you! I DOES feel good to sick to something though huh?! good for you!

Carrie said...

I hope that the rest of the week goes a little smoother! Don't forget to eat.

Della Hill said...

Way to go Holly! I am so proud of you for your committment to this. it sounds like your whole family is taking off with this.
Dentists suck. It's awesome when you can find a good one for the kids.
-Della